Tuesday, January 1, 2013

For a stress-free New Year

Teresa Yong-Leong checks in at the Sunway Resort Hotel and Spa and enjoys its heavenly offerings

START the New Year by leaving stress and tension behind. Check into Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa’s The Club Rooms and enjoy a therapy indulgence using the Elemis Royal Collection at its Mandara Spa.

Guests at The Club Rooms enjoy a private check-in at The Club Lounge on Level 20. You are ushered into your tastefully furnished room from which you can enjoy the goings-on at Sunway Lagoon Theme Park or the lovely skyline.

The king-size bed with extra big pillows help me sink into blissful slumber with pleasant dreams within minutes.

The room is equipped with WiFi facilities, in-room infotainment, satellite TV with movie channels as well as electronic safe deposit box, tea-making facilities and fully stocked mini bar. You can just spend the day chilling out in your room alone. The long bath is perfect for soaking in and reading a book.

Club room guests enjoy a bag of privileges. The Club Lounge offers daily breakfast, afternoon tea and happy hour drinks from 5.30pm-7.30pm. Delightful canapes, dim sum and fresh fruit are among the delicious offerings.

You are also entitled to free laundry and pressing of up to five pieces a day and a RM50 credit on total food and beverage bill charged to the room in a single receipt of a minimum RM100 at the New Orleans Bar & Grill and West Lake Garden Chinese Restaurant.

TO THE SPA
You also enjoy a RM50 Mandara Spa credit on the a la carte treatments. And this is absolutely the icing on the cake.

Taking the five-minute walk from the hotel to the spa area is a walk in the park. This pathway is tree-lined and pleasant despite the sun.

At the spa, I am served with a ginger drink and then put in the capable hands of Debbie who executes the Elemis Pro-Collagen Quartz Lift Facial for a glorious 75 minutes. She rubs and massages my tired face with her dexterous fingers using pleasantly scented oils and creams to put me in a total relaxation mode.

This is a clinically proven anti-wrinkle facial that promises to improve skin firmness by up to 57 per cent and remove up to 94 per cent of wrinkles just after one treatment! Hmm... I do feel uplifted and refreshed. Debbie’s ministrations is so soothing and enjoyable that I am lulled into a gentle slumber for a good half hour. I wish the session would go on for another hour.

Now that my face has been nourished, she completes the pampering by giving me a most relaxing Balinese massage. Indeed, as Debbie applies the pure essential oils on my body, I can feel my skin drinking in the goodness. She pulls and stretches my arms and legs and I especially love the long strokes, skin rolling and palm and thumb pressure techniques to release the accumulated tension in my body. Oh what a treat! She tells me that this will not only ease the stress and calm the mind but also helps in improving my blood circulation. My lymphs, muscles and nerves will benefit as well.
As Debbie tells me that the treatment is over, I reluctantly tear myself from the bed. As I rejoin spa director Janet Reynaldo and hotel marketing communications executive Cheryl Withaneachi, they both comment that I look so much brighter and relaxed.

Lunch at Fuzion completes the deal. The buffet spread is sinfully tempting and varied. The delicious Caesar salad is a good start and completing the meal with fresh local fruit is sheer indulgence.

Gifts sets for him and her
THE Elemis Royal Collection has various gift sets for men and women. The ultimate For Her gift set is the Pro-Collagen Queen set at RM1,265 for a collection of anti-ageing skincare system. Other sets are Ultimate Travel Collection (RM445), Majestic Beauty (RM425), Princess of Spa (RM325) Duchess of Spa (RM325) and the Supreme Glow (RM305).

The For Him gift sets are from the Jestset Travel Collection and a complete grooming kit costs RM315 and the King Of Skin skincare set at RM165.

The Pro-Collagen Quartz Lift Facial for women features Padina Pavonia marine algae that helps to revitalise and promote cellular activity.

The Elemis Skin IQ and Facial for Men incorporates the New Time Defence Wrinkle Delay and the Time Defence Eye Reviver is the perfect pampering for the metrosexuals.

Mandara Spa opens daily from 10am-9pm and admits guests aged 16 and above. For bookings, call 03-7495 2080 or email mandaraspa@sunwayhotels.com.
For booking of Club Rooms, call 03-7492 8000 or email bookroomsrhs@sunwayhotels.com.
.
The Sunway Lagoon as seen from the hotel room.

.
Spacious room. 
 
.
Coffee house.
 
.
Chef at Japanese counter.
 
.
The Pro-Collagen Queen set.
 
By Teresa Yong-Leong | teresay@nstp.com.my

No comments: